The process of laser hair removal is simple and effective
Removal of unwanted hair
Laser hair removal is a procedure which uses an intense beam of light to medically remove unwanted hair growing in different areas of the body. It is ideal for people of dark or light skin complexions looking to inhibit hair growth. Several treatments may be required to ensure you enjoy long-lasting results where hair growth is prohibited long term. Maintenance sessions should be scheduled to ensure true permanence.
What preparation should be undertaken?
The procedure must be performed by a professionally trained technician or dermatologist. Always ensure the clinic has a good reputation and check the credentials of the technician or dermatologist, as well as reading any online reviews available.
It is advisable you limit electrolysis, waxing and plucking for at least six weeks before the procedure. This precaution will keep the hair follicle intact for the laser to remove it permanently. It is also advisable that you avoid direct sun exposure for six weeks prior and after the treatment.
What happens in the appointment?
Before the commencement of the procedure, the chosen hair area will be trimmed to a few millimetres and the laser equipment tailored the thickness, colour and location of the hair being removed. The outer layer of your skin will be protected by cold gel and afterwards anti-inflammatory lotion can help minimise any discomfort. The next appointment should be scheduled after four or six weeks, and ongoing maintenance will be advised for long-term effects.
Which lasers are used?
Laser diodeThis is considered the most effective laser type by most dermatologists and is ideal in removing dark hair from fair skinned patients.
This is used for people with medium or dark skin tone. The laser is ideal for removing hair found growing on areas including legs, underarms and the back.
Ruby laserThis is ideal for light skinned patients and is often used to remove hair from thin-skinned areas like the bikini and armpit areas.
Key benefits of laser hair removal
- Long-lasting results compared to other hair removal treatments.
- Laser hair removal is very safe and without any major complications. Side effects are minor and often fade away in a short time.
- The procedure is painless compared to tweezing and waxing. Aside from the heat, you should not feel any discomfort from the procedure.
- The procedure is fast and precise.
- The procedure is suitable for all and can be used on any skin and hair colour, or body area
- The procedure can also be used to rejuvenate old skin giving it a youthful look
Book your FREE consultation TODAY
Call 020 8616 4660